Read Luke 10:25-37
- The expert in the Law comes to questions Jesus. Why do you think that he comes?
- What do you think he learns in this discussion with Jesus?
- Are there ways that you try to justify yourself and not own up to sin in your life?
Jesus chooses a Samaritan to star in His teaching here. The Samaritans were hated by the Jews, and I’m sure it was shocking that Jesus implies that care for this hated person was part of loving neighbors.
- Who is it in your life that Jesus would have you actively show love for?
- What does this story teach you about Jesus?