Read James 1:13-15
- What sin are you most drawn to? Where are you most tempted?
- How do you see this progression working out in your own life? Can you trace it out?
- How do you see the ways that you are tempted ultimately leading to death?
Sometimes our desires also come from legitimate needs we are created to have. Needs like the one to be loved, to be valued, or to be protected. But we can try to meet those needs on our own, outside of the ways that God would have us meet them.
- How can you see this same principle at work in your own life?
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to show you normal needs that you have that you can be meeting in ways that lead to sin.