Read Joshua 3
I love that the Lord sees Joshua so individually when He says that He is going to show the people that He is with Joshua as He was with Moses. How comforting in the midst of this huge task of leading hundreds of thousands of people.
- Grab a piece of paper and write out the sequence of events as they would have happened for the common person following the ark.
- Why do you think the Lord did not stop the waters as they approached?
- Suppose you are a priest, how are you feeling heading into the water’s edge as the river is rushing?
- Why do you think they obeyed the Lord?
- Today, in front of you, what is raging past you in your life? What does it look like to trust the Lord with those raging waters? What practical steps could you take to walk in that trust & faith?