"GIVE CAREFUL THOUGHT TO YOUR WAYS" (Haggai 1:5)
During the fall of 2019 through the year of 2020, we will be discussing new “guiding statements” for Riverside. You could call these our values. Because we want these statements to really guide and form us (and not just be sayings on a website), we are unveiling them over the course of 12-18 months through teaching and trainings.
The first of these guiding statements is directly from Haggai 1:5 where God tells His people to “Give Careful Thought to Your Ways.” Read more about this guiding statement and how it looks at Riverside.
- We journey on a life-long adventure of spiritual transformation.
- Our pursuit is guided by God’s Spirit through community, prayer, and the Bible.
- Simplicity is reflected in our priorities, calendars, and possessions.
Matthew 11:28-30, 1 Corinthians 9:24-25, Galatians 5:25, Philippians 1:4-6
- Our relationships are meaningful and intentional.
- Our commitment to each other is more important than personal comfort or gain.
- In community we share our diversity and find unity as we experience life together.
Acts 2:42-47, Romans 12:9-21, Ephesians 4:11-16, James 5:16
- Our love is unconditional, tangible, and directed outward.
- We restore the poor and neglected, reconcile divisions, and care for creation.
- We reproduce new Christ-followers and new churches on a similar mission.
Matthew 22:37-39, 25:34-40, 28:18-20, 1 Corinthians 13:1-7, Philippians 2:4-8