Stop, pray, and ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you from the text. Ask Him to help you engage with your mind and your heart. Remind yourself you are in God’s presence and read the passage; notice how God might be speaking to you through His Word.
Read John 14:15-31
- From this passage, what are the names and/or tasks that the Holy Spirit will help us with?
- If the Holy Spirit brings truth to us, what are some of the current lies you are facing in your life? (In my life I have struggled to believe that I matter to people, that I am valuable…)
- How have you seen believing these lies impact your life? (For me, because I can believe that I am not valuable, I can tell myself that I deserve poor treatment)
- The Holy Spirit seems to be so personal and intimate with us:whispering truth, gently reminding, soothing us with peacefulness. How does it feel to know that Jesus sends us someone who knows us so intimately? What does that communicate about Him?
- How do you feel about your love being tied to something that you do versus something that you say? What’s challenging about that?